Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Such a low-cal daiquiri!

Courtesy of Hungry Girl. Buy the cookbook for more fabulous recipes. Available on the Hungry Girl website.


It's summertime, and even though we're all gratefully awaiting sweater weather, next year's bikini/bathing suit season is not far off. To keep myself in the healthy groove, and to arm me for next year, I'm posting a fabulous low-cal recipe for a yummy Strawberry Daiquiri. Hungry Girl is a great resource for all things food...recipes, tips, tricks...you name it. I just recently discovered the site, and I love it. For all of the WW points fans, the recipes posted seem to all have Points Values assigned to them. How convenient. Enjoy the frosty beverage and let me know what you think of it!

HG's Slammin' Slimmed Down Strawberry Daiquiri
Serving Size: 1 daiquiri (entire recipe)
Ingredients:
1 shot (1 1/2 ounces) rum
1 packet (two 5-calorie servings) sugar-free powdered drink mix, any strawberry blend
3 frozen strawberries
1 tbsp. lime juice
5 - 8 ice cubes OR 1 cup crushed ice

Directions:
Dissolve drink mix into 1/2 cup cold water. Stir thoroughly. In a blender, combine drink mixture with all other ingredients. Blend to desired consistency. Pour, add a straw, and slurp that baby up! MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 daiquiri (entire recipe)
Calories: 121
Fat: 0g
Sodium: 10mg
Carbs: 4g
Fiber: 0.5g
Sugars: 2g
Protein: 0g

POINTS® value 2*

HG Alternative! For a virgin version, swap the rum for an extra 3 tbsp. water. Then your slushie sipper will have just 25 calories and a POINTS® value of 0*.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! The perfect thing for my diet! Now if only you could find a solution for low-cal chocolate, I'd be all set. :)

ShannanB said...

Someone else just mentioned this book to me. Now I have to check it out.

PS. That "Beck" person spammed my blog, CincyWomenBloggers and Cincy Losers...Weird

 
Site Meter