Friday, February 5, 2010
Tip: Liquid Eyeliner How-To
TIP: If you're going to wear eyeshadow, I find it's easier to put that on first, then do eyeliner.
1. Pick a gel liner rather than a true liquid liner. Gel is easier to work with, and less messy so you're not as likely to make mistakes.
2. Close your eye and hold the outer corner of your eye and gently pull your lid toward your ear. GENTLY! You're trying to create a smooth surface.
3. Next, take an angle eyeliner brush and create three dashes across your eyelid as close to your eyelashes as possible. Start with the inner corner of your eyelid, then add one in the middle, and one on the outside. Extend the last dash slightly past the edge of your lid.
4. Go back with your eyeliner brush and carefully fill in the space between the dashes. No need to reload the brush with more liner unless your brush is totally dry.
5. When you're done, you'll have a fairly dramatic looking line. Take an eyeshadow in a color similar to your liner and brush it over your line, smudging it to tone down the harshness of your line.