My friend Kate tagged me on Facebook with a "25 things about me" list. I've posted mine there, but in the spirit of the New Year, I thought I'd post my list here too. Enjoy!
1. My natural hair color is blonde, although I haven't been a blonde in years. I've been red, brown, pink (specifically Manic Panic Rubine) and dark purple.
2. I am afraid of unsecured heights which made visiting the Grand Canyon very scary.
3. I wasn't allowed to go to the very first Lollapalooza b/c Mom said I was too young. And because of that, I never got to see my faves Siouxsie and The Banshees perform live.
4. I got caught skipping school once, but my mom covered for me so that I didn't get in trouble.
5. My cat Gabe has multiple nicknames depending on the nationality of his mood - Chubb, Chubberific Chubberino, the Great Chublinsky, Chubbisan...you get the idea.
6. Growing up we had a dog named Feedo...which was my mom's way of saying Fido. She's from Finland and thought that's how it was pronounced.
7. I am guilty of over-committing. I am such a joiner that even if I have no spare time, I always volunteer to help.
8. I'm pretty fanatical about my fingernails. I keep them painted at all times, even if I have to do touch-ups at work, in the car or while I'm having breakfast.
9. I love to garden. I'm a trial and error gardener but I still love seeing the results.
10. I wanted to be writer when I grew up, got a degree in Communication instead, and just recently circled back to start freelance writing, as well as writing for my blog.
11. I don't believe it's possible to have too many friends.
12. When I'm driving and I get road rage, I yell at other drivers...with my windows rolled up so that they can't hear me.
13. I have issues with the texture of certain foods -- applesauce is icky!
14. Speaking of food, I love Thai and Indian. Yum-o.
15. I am terrible at cutting vegetables, so I'm guilty of buying the pre-cut stuff off the salad bar at the grocery store.
16. Every room in my house is a different color - orange, red, blue, green and yellow...
17. Someday I do want to have kids.
18. I love to shop. Seriously. I have to be careful to not becomng a spend-a-holic.
19. I want to travel to all the continents some day. So far, I've hit North America and Europe.
20. My favorite color is red, although up until recently I thought is was green.
21. If I had to pick a favorite drink it would be a toss-up between coffee and vodka/cran.
22. Recently I learned of the phenomenon "ghost ride your whip" and it had me giggling for days.
23. One day I want to own my own business.
24. I can't fathom cruelty to animals. ASPCA commercials make me cry.
25. Halloween is my favorite holiday, followed by St. Patrick's Day.
Tag! You're it. Leave your list in the comments if you want to share.